The yellow school bus is among the common vehicles in modern America — but few people know that a school bus is one of the safest vehicles on the road. Below are a few of the unique characteristics that make school buses one of the most secure ways to travel.
- Brightly colored. School buses’ vibrant yellow coloring makes them visible to every other vehicle on the road and less likely to be involved in an accident.
- Laws protecting passing. It is against the law to pass a school bus when picking up or dropping off children. This law was put in place to help keep children safe when boarding or getting off the vehicle.
- Additional safety features. In addition to their coloring and high-vis markings, school buses have other safety features like flashing lights, stop sign arms, and cross-view mirrors. All of these safety features make a school bus rental in Philadelphia one of the best ways for groups to hit the road — regardless of the destination.
- Protective seating. Have you ever wondered why school buses don’t have seatbelts? A bus’s rollover protection and interior design make it less likely that riders sustain injury if the bus is involved in an accident compared to the same risk in a car. This is why seatbelts are mandatory in cars and trucks but not a required feature of yellow school buses.
- Professional drivers. School buses are useful for more than just transporting students back and forth from schools or games. Bachelorette and bachelor party bus rentals in Philadelphia come with professional driving services, eliminating the risk of drunk or distracted driving.
Do you have a sizable group event coming up? Are you looking for safe, reliable, and affordable transportation services? YellowBird Bus Company is here to help! Reach out to our team today to make your reservation.