Few sights in America are as ubiquitous as the bright yellow school bus stopping to pick up children for a day of class. But even if you spent every weekday of your childhood waiting for that big yellow bus, you probably don’t know that the school bus has a history that dates all the way back to 1886! Read on to learn more interesting facts about the impact that school buses have on our daily lives!
- There are more than 427,000 school buses currently running throughout the United States. Every day, they transport more than 26 million students combined!
- One study published in the Educational Evaluation and Policy Analysis found that access to school buses dramatically decreased student absences. This makes school buses a powerful force for American education, especially in low-income areas.
- Yellow buses save community members money in many forms, including fuel costs, a decreased need for parents to take time off work, and a lowered chance of being involved in an accident. The American School Bus Council estimates that communities save over $7.7 billion annually by using school buses instead of private transportation.
- School buses aren’t just great for parents’ wallets — they’re also good for the environment! Estimations from the American School Bus Council have found that on average, a community will save over 2 billion gallons of fuel annually if every student rode the school bus.
- Can’t stand morning traffic? If your roads are clear, you probably have school buses to thank! Each school bus eliminates about 36 cars from the road, allowing you to enjoy a quicker commute.
Today, school buses remain a reliable and safe choice for school and field trip transportation in Philadelphia, PA. If you are an educator looking to learn about how field trip bus rentals in Philadelphia, PA from YellowBird Bus Company can make your upcoming expedition safer and more convenient, give us a call today at 215-352-3042!