Your wedding is supposed to be one of the happiest days of your life. Unfortunately, an accident after the reception can turn even the sweetest of wedding memories sour—and guests are much more likely to be involved in an accident if they hit the road after drinks at your reception. Luckily, you don’t need to totally exclude alcohol from your big day to make sure that your guests get home safely—just use a few of our tips to prevent drunk driving.
- Limit open bar hours. Everyone loves an open bar. However, it’s undeniable that they make it easier to overindulge in alcohol. Employ a “last call” an hour before the end of your reception to give guests a chance to sober up before driving.
- Hire a professional bartender. Professional bartenders can recognize when guests have had one too many to drink and can help them protect themselves by cutting them off or offering water. Consider hiring a professional bartender or holding your reception at a location with a liquor license, like a hotel.
- Skip the shots. Drinking shots is a fast-track to intoxication and overindulgence. Instruct your bartender to serve mixed drinks, beer, and wine only, or only allow one shot per guest.
- Serve guests a snack. Drinking on an empty stomach can cause guests to feel the effects of alcohol more quickly and intensely. If your reception will be stretching long after dinner is served, set up a snack table for guests featuring protein-filled snacks.
- Hire transportation services. Wedding transportation services make it easy for guests to stay together when traveling to the ceremony and prevents drunk driving after the reception. Scheduling a wedding bus in Philadelphia, PA for your event will keep guests safer.
YellowBird Bus Company is proud to provide safe and reliable wedding transportation in NJ. To learn more about yellow bus transportation for weddings, give our team a call today at 215-352-3042.