Drinking and driving is a serious problem in the United States. Over 10,000 people die every year in crashes involving alcohol. If you think that drunk drivers aren’t a big deal, read these five facts about driving under the influence.
- Alcohol is involved in 40% of fatal car crashes.
- If you’re on the road with a blood alcohol content (BAC) of just 0.02 to 0.05, you’re about seven times more likely to be involved in an accident when compared to someone who’s sober.
- Crashes aren’t the only risk of driving under the influence. In 2004, about 1.49 million drivers were arrested for a DUI. In Pennsylvania, the mandatory minimum penalty for a first offense DUI can range from a license suspension and a DUI class to 72 hours in jail depending on your level of intoxication.
- Someone is injured by a drunk driver about once every 120 seconds. About 27 people are killed by drunk drivers every day.
- Impairment doesn’t depend on the type of alcohol you consume—instead, it has to do with your weight, tolerance, and the amount that you’ve drunk. Contrary to popular belief, coffee, a cold shower, exercise, or a shower will not “sober you up.”
If you’re planning a wedding or bachelor party, you can take a few steps to prevent your guests from drinking and driving. Many party planners hire a wedding or bachelor party bus in Philadelphia, PA to keep their group together throughout the night and ensure that everyone makes it home safely at the conclusion of the event.
If you’re interested in learning more about the benefits of hiring a bachelorette party bus in Philadelphia, PA, give the team at YellowBird Bus Company a call at 215-352-3042. Our team of professional drivers will ensure that all of your guests make it home safe and sound after a night of fun!